Whole Family Wealth™ Planning
At Lichterman Law we be believe that your financial “wealth” is only a small part of your overall family “wealth.” That’s why we focus on planning for your Whole Family Wealth™.
“Whole Family Wealth” is about planning to pass on more than just what you have – it’s about who you are and what is important to you. Your values, insights, stories and experiences. Because it is those values, insights, stories and experiences that are going to matter most to your children and grandchildren if something unexpected happens to you or after you’re no longer around.
For instance, the Allianz American Legacies Study found that non-financial items that parents leave behind, like ethics, morals, faith and religion, are ten times more important to people than the financial aspects of inheritance. And that makes sense, because if you think about it, by having your values, insights, stories and experiences shared with them, your family will be able to build their own financial wealth.
We help you plan for you Whole Family Wealth™ in several ways, including:
- Taking a great amount of time to really learn about who you are as a person – your goals, wishes, hopes, and dreams for yourself and for your loved ones. We want to know who you are as a person and what is important to you. We recognize that we have two ears and only one mouth and are firm believers in the power of listening to your stories.
- Working with you to determine how we can use planning as a way to pass on these goals, wishes, hopes and dreams. After all, this is your plan, not ours, and we firmly believe each estate plan should be uniquely representative of each family we plan with.
- Including ongoing reviews of your planning at least every 3 years to make sure your plan is still in line with your legacy goals and your continuously changing family and financial picture.
- Including a Priceless Conversation in all our planning levels. This is a conversation we have with you that enables you to share your legacy from your heart, not your head. There are several different topics for the different conversations ranging from your children to your wisdom to your faith and much more. We record the conversation to a CD which is then placed in a presentation box with a summary of the conversation and the questions – this becomes the first part of your “Legacy Library.”
- Constantly seeking out new ways to help you convey more of your “whole family wealth,” based on our own efforts and your feedback.
We believe that focusing on your Whole Family Wealth™ enables you to leave the legacy you want rather than just a set of form documents that merely consider what you have. Contact us today to begin the fulfilling process of planning for your Whole Family Wealth™.